Diversifying the Pipeline
The Health Equity Visiting Clerkship is a 4-week experience sponsored by the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion at Michigan Medicine for M3 and M4 students. The aim of the clerkship is to diversify the pipeline and develop leadership skills to advance diversity, health equity, and inclusion.
For the 2023-2024 visiting rotation year, we will begin accepting applications on April 1, 2023. In addition to your VSLO application (see VSLO requirements), you must submit your supplemental HEVC application to the OHEI Health Equity Visiting Clerkship. You can submit both applications at the same time or the supplemental application can be submitted after you are accepted for a visiting rotation.
Please note the HEVC acceptance is contingent on being accepted for a rotation at Michigan Medicine.
The months of May, June, July, August, and September are preferred. While we accept students on a rolling basis, we recommend starting rotations in May 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year. For specific dates, see calendar.
- Deadline: Applications accepted until slots are filled.
- Awards Notification: Awardees will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Housing and accommodations are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- Opportunities for funding may be available for 2022-2023.
- Information about University of Michigan visiting students
- Go Blue Guide to Life at Michigan Medicine
- Medical Student Housing Options