Washtenaw Community College Morris Lawrence Building
The Senior Living Week Expo on September 30, 2023, is followed by Senior Living Week, October 1-6.
This year’s expo will offer a variety of vendors offering their services and goods promoting senior resources, senior health services, home health care, senior living communities, financial & legal services - all leading to healthier living, and independence as we age, as well as improving quality of life.
Additionally, experts will be presenting on a variety of educational topics throughout the week around the county. We look forward to seeing you at the Expo, workshops, and open houses.
Download the Senior Living Week PDF booklet, which includes the workshop schedule, event sponsor information, and more:
At the Expo
Expo Keynote Speaker: Ashton Applewhite
Named one of the fifty leaders working to transform the world to be a better place to grow older by the UN’s Decade of Healthy Aging platform (a collaboration between the UN and the WHO) in 2022.
Author of “This Chair Rocks: a Manifesto Against Ageism” and blog, “Yo, Is this Ageist?” Ted Talk presenter “Let’s End Ageism”
• Explore dozens of vendors who will be offering products and services to aid, assist and inform seniors and those who care about them
• Free Flu & COVID vaccines provided by U-M Health - Community Health Services (while supplies last)
• Free health screenings: A1C, BP, cholesterol
• Free hearing screenings (provided by Michigan Medicine Dept. of Otolaryngology)
• Medication Take-Back: Drop off unused medications (pills, liquids or secured needles) — no questions asked!
• U-M Health Patient Financial Counseling: Bring in your medical bills and meet with a financial counselor who will be available to answer questions about those bills, your insurance and/or open enrollment.
• Free 10 minute chair massages (10 am - 1 pm)
During Senior Living Week
• Open houses: Tour beautiful senior living communities at your pace. Ask questions, gather information, consult with resident coordinators.
• Continuing education for social workers and other disciplines.
• Educational workshops around the county.